The poor kid is so confused. Since Mac's birthday two weeks ago, Te has asked me every single morning "Is today my birthday?" Then last Saturday we had a joint birthday party for both boys complete with their little friends, cake, balloons and of course presents. Today they had
his birthday party at school where he
got to pass out cupcakes to all his classmates and he got to be king for the day-- crown and everything. Of
course on Friday we will make a huge deal over his actual date of birth, but I'd venture to say that at this point he might actually be less than thrilled, even a little tir
ed of the whole thing. I'll keep you posted.
Until then, here are some pictures of my very big boy helping me cook. He loves to help cook and this particular recipe is perfect because he helps cut all the veggies, stirs in the sauce, shreds the chicken, dumps in the pasta and gets to put the cheese on top.
He literally made the whole thing himself and was very proud.
(Yes, Angela, that is a real knife -- a kid safe knife purchased from the Montessori catalog and used under only the closest adult supervision -- I'm getting Ava one for her birthday :-)))
The last picture is him helping daddy
cook....well technically I guess he's helping him clean up !!!
Thanks for stopping by.
2 comments:
I cannot believe that he is so big! It seems like only yesterday that Kalla passed on the news that you had gotten the call!
Happy Birthday, Te!
Ha! Just before I read your note to me, I was wondering if that was a real knife! What a big boy!!!
Post a Comment