Thursday, May 07, 2009

More....yes, so soon

I have been meaning to share this story on the blog for some time.  Most people have heard it at this point, but just in case you haven't, here's the set up:

Te goes to Montessori school.  The kids are grouped together in age groups of three.  So in his classroom there are 3 year olds, 4 years old, 5 years olds and even the occasional 6 year old depending on their birthday.  This is Te's first year; he's three.  Nick Heitkamp is a 5 year old in his class.  Te LOVES and ADORES Nick.  He looks up to him, idolizes him, wants to marry him (remember, hes' three and doesn't really get how that works)   This is our conversation in the car a few weeks ago. This came from nowhere and I swear I am NOT making this up:

Te:  Mama, did you know that some poop is black?
Me: (stunned, but curious) Yes, Te.
Te: And did you know that some poop is brown?  
Me: (trying to figure out where this is going) uh, yeah, Te.
Te: You know every kind of animal and every kind of person has different colored poop.
Me: (knowing this comes from a book we read called "Everyone Poops" and thinking this is the end of it)  Yes, Te, you're right. 
Te:  I think Nick Heitkamp's poop is rainbow!

I am not making this up!!!!

Te with his new fish, which he named "Squeaky"


No comments: