Thursday, December 04, 2008

Latest Adventures Part One

Aaron and I went temporarily insane a few months back and decided we should drive the entire family to my sister's for Thanksgiving this year, since she was due to have a baby just before Thanksgiving.  No big deal right?   Um....my sister lives in Arkansas.  Arkansas is a 12 hour drive.  And, as if that weren't enough we decided to just go ahead and drive out to Kansas while we were out there...another 4 hours.   That makes the trip back no less than 16 hours!!  16 hours in the car with my preschool aged- children.   Just before we left for the trip -- as  I was packing up the dozens of snacks (a read a tip online that you should pack 2-3 times the snacks you think you'll need.  That's a LOT of snacks when Mateo eats just about every 20 minutes) and toys and books and all the other gear we would need,  I felt the tightening in my chest as I realized what we had signed up for.  AHHH. 

And then....to my surprise and delight our children did WONDERFUL on the trip.  They were patient in the car, kept the fighting to a minimum and were, for the most part, very good on the entire trip.  Go figure!

Here are a few pics: 

 This is my sweet new nephew Gideon.  He's a great baby! and oh, so cuddly. 

Silly Mac playing in the car:

  

Always friendly Te, made friends right away with Cousin Chase.  I think they might be BFF's now.



Stayed tuned for Latest Adventures Part Two -- we put up the Christmas tree last night!

No comments: