Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hopping

So, yesterday at Te's school the kids participated in a Hop-a-thon for charity.  You know, so many dollars for each hop kind of thing?

After school, the kids are let out of the building one at a time to meet their waiting parent on the sidewalk.  I waited as about 1/2  dozen kids came to meet mom or dad.  Each child was wearing a little rabbit-ear hat that said "I, (insert name of child) hopped ____ times at the Hop-a-thon."  

I, Gus, hopped 17 times....
I, Ava, hopped 8 times
I, David, hopped 13 times
I, Francis, hopped 26 times.

Here comes TE:

I, Te, hopped 61 times!!!

What's even funnier,  55 was crossed out and 61 was written over the top. 
His teacher said it was a record, of course!

He was red, sweaty and still hopping when he came out!

That kid is something else

2 comments:

Norwood Mama said...

I know enough about your son to know that I would never have been able to pledge a dollar for each hop!

I'll see how many times I can hop!

Anonymous said...

um..will you tell Te we are having a fundraiser for our adoption on September 13th??I am sure we could incorporate some kind of hop;)

Caroline