Las Aventuras de Mac y Mateo! (The adventures of Mac and Mateo)
We've been pretty bad about updating their old Caringbridge sites --sorry about that. We will try to better here. They are growing so fast, that honestly I'm doing this as much for myself as for all of you. I want there to be some kind of record of the day to day adventures of these little princes.
Rather than try to fill you in on all the months we've been MIA, I'll just pick up where we are and hope you get addicted to the journey :-) Mac is now 2 1/2 and Te is 17 months going on 5 years old!
The boys are best buddies. We can't go anywhere without Mac asking for Te. The other day we decided to take the boys for a walk down the sidewalk a block or two and let them explore the many bees, butterflies and even some pretty exotic looking spiders we found. Dada had Te-Te by the hand and I had Mac. Now, you'll find out pretty quick that Mateo is all about speed (and danger:-) and Mac is a little more apt to stop and smell the roses. So Daddy and Te got about a block ahead and had turned a corner out of our sight. Mac got really upset and starting crying for his brother. It's really very sweet. He won't eat, get in the car or go upstairs unless Te-Te is right there beside him! They are inseparable and Double Trouble!
Some cute things the boys are saying:
Mateo:
He points at everything and says either "dis?" or "dat?" He says it all day long.
He learned to say hot - it comes out "HOOOOOOOOO" He has also recently learned "ump" (up) Saaa (sara) and ba (bath or ball)
Mac:
Fog boots (Frog boots!)
Awe we alls howse (Ariel's House - she's the girl next door)
Te amo Mama -- actually this sounds exactly like it is suppose to and means "I love you Mama" in Spanish.
He basically repeats anything he hears. Today I had the news on and they were doing a story on eating fish...as he was leaving the room I heard him say "Salmon"
Mac has also discovered the power of being an older brother. He spends most of his days bossing Te around. "Te-Te, Te-Te" he screams "up stairs, up stairs." Mateo just squeals loudly in response.
Here are some more recent pictures:
Big Drummer

Lil' Drummer

Fashionisto

Wave to your public Te-Te

Ebert and Roper?

5 comments:
Wow! They are really growing up! They look like little boys already and not babies. They are a cute pair!
Vicki
que adorable! :)
CUTE! It's so hard to believe our boys have grown so much since our first trip to Colombia. They are so adorable!
So cute that they both have little personalities. There appearance is a lot like my sister and I . I am a lot darker than she is...love you guys! HOpe to see you again soon.
Soooo prescious!!! Thanks for making me a part of their lives, and yours
Elaine
Post a Comment